GETTING THE MOST OUT OF
YOUR ADVISING SESSION
BEFORE YOUR APPOINTMENT
- Procure a dedicated notebook for your process. Keep it with you to log ideas and questions in preparation for your upcoming session.
- Take 15-30 minutes to write about where you are right now with your business. What’s working? What’s not working?
- Write down the 3 topics you want to discuss in your appointment. Be as specific as possible.
DURING YOUR APPOINTMENT
- Take notes. Write down observations, questions and insights that emerge in your session.
- Be curious. Trust your intuition. Stay open. If you have an eccentric idea or unexpected synchronicity, don’t ignore it—share it.
- If something you hear doesn’t resonate with you, trust yourself. Take what's useful and leave the rest.
- If you feel overwhelmed, misunderstood or frustrated, speak up.
AFTER YOUR APPOINTMENT
Immediately after your appointment, spend 30-60 minutes journaling about your session or go for a walk to allow yourself to integrate.
- What ideas emerged?
- What excited and inspired you?
- What triggered you, made you feel resistance, fear or frustration? Why?
- What revealed itself?
- If you have more clarity around your vision and what you need to do, write down your intentions and next steps.
- Remember—if you ask the question, you will get the answer. Write your questions down (even the big, foreboding ones). Allow the answers to arrive in their own time.
POLICIES & PROCEDURES
CURRENT ADVISING RATES
60-Minute Advising Session (for FBS students) • $200
75-Minute Embodied Consulting Session • $250
Published rates are for one-on-one sessions.
Please email us for partner and group pricing.
Payment for all advising sessions is due at time of service. When you schedule your appointment, you will be asked to place a card on-file. Your credit card information is kept securely in Square. If you have not prepaid, you are welcome to pay when you book your appointment, or anytime before we meet using the link in your appointment confirmation or reminder email. You may also pay with Venmo or PayPal before or during your appointment. If you do not pay before or during advising, your card will be automatically charged at the conclusion of your session. Regardless of you payment method, we hold a valid card on-file for all active clients. Please note, advising appointments will not be invoiced, payment is due at time of service.
All cancellations require 24-hours notice. Any appointments cancelled or rebooked within 24-hours of your scheduled appointment will be charged to your card on-file at the rate of 50% of the cost of your session. If you cancel with more than 24-hours notice and you have prepaid, your payment will be refunded in-full within 72 hours.
READING & MATERIALS REVIEW
If you would like me to read through or review any materials, we will do this together in your session. For more in-depth reviews of multiple documents, longer sessions are available upon request. If you have substantial materials you would like me to look at before we meet, I will review supplied documents during office hours at the rate of $200/hour. Arrangements must be made at least 48 hours before your appointment.
Trust is the cornerstone of our practice. Out of consideration and a commitment to professional ethics, I hold in confidence all information shared during the advising process. I am happy to sign a client-provided Non-Disclosure Agreement on request. Please let me know if you want me to not disclose you as a client.
PHONE & VIDEO SESSIONS
Appointments are conducted via phone, Skype, or FaceTime. When you book your appointment, you will be asked to select your preferred platform. I initiate our appointment via phone or video at the time of your session. If I am running more than 5-minutes late, I will text you. You will receive your call from 917-544-0860 (New York) or 424-346-0401 (Malibu).
Any arbitration shall be governed by the laws of the State of California.